General Data Protection Regulation
As of the May 25th, 2018, every European company has to comply with the new European General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR in short.
In simple terms, it:
- Applies to personal data — any data that relates to or can be used to identify a person in any way
- Controls what can be done with personal information
- Requires that consent is given or there is a good reason to process or store personal information.
- Gives a person a right to know what information is held about them.
- Allows a person to request information about them is erased and that they are ‘forgotten’ — unless there is a reason not to do this — e.g. a loan account.
- Makes sure that personal information is properly protected. New systems must have protection designed into them (Privacy by Design). Access to data is strictly controlled and only given when required (Privacy by Default).
- If data is lost, stolen or is accessed without authority, the authorities must be notified and possibly the people whose data has been accessed may need to be notified also.
- Data cannot be used for anything other than the reason given at the time of collection.
- Data is securely deleted after it is no longer needed.
- Allows national authorities to impose fines on companies breaching the regulation. These fines can be up to €20 million or 4% of the businesses global turnover — whichever is higher.
What information do you hold on me?
Whenever you use one of the forms on this website to contact us or send us other information we keep a record of these form transmissions in our database.
To see what information we hold on you, use the Personal Data Request form and we will send you a copy of all data we have stored in our database.
I want you to delete all information you have on me
Please use the Personal Data Request form to request this.
Personal data request form
Please provide us with the email address you used to register/contact us. We cannot remove your data or send you a copy of your data if we don’t have the exact same email address.